Telford & Wrekin Council has lent its support to a hotel in the borough after investigations by Public Health England confirmed that guests at a wedding party were not victims of food poisoning.
The health organisation and Environmental Health Officers from the Council had investigated the Buckatree Hall Hotel after approximately 30 guests at a wedding later complained of a stomach illness.
But after provisional tests, Public Health England confirmed to the media that the origin of the illness was in fact the norovirus, which must have been spread by someone carrying the viral infection.
Liz Noakes, Telford & Wrekin Council’s Assistant Director for Health and Wellbeing, said: "I am pleased that Public Health England has found that the source of the illness suffered by guests was not from any food prepared by the hotel.
"The Buckatree Hall Hotel is consistently compliant with food safety legislation and maintains high standards of food preparation. It also enjoys an excellent reputation locally.
"Reputationally this will obviously have caused the hotel some damage and we are anxious to do all we can to help them rebuild now that their name has been cleared and the infection revealed as the norovirus.”
18 Sep 2019
6:30 - 8pm
20 Sep 2019
Suitable for 16+
Pre-show Dining Available
26 Sep 2019
Thursday 26 September 7.30pm
Band A £27
Band B £24View Details